Week Notes Vol 2
May 13, 2019
You know those weeks when one thing happens after another and before you know it you have logged a 50-60 hours for your day job? Yeah, it was one of those weeks. And then I went and logged miles upon miles of trail time to reset myself. I am so grateful for having Forest Park and all its trails nearby.
I started a new audiobook that’s easy to follow and trail friendly Maisie Dobbs by by Jacqueline Winspear.
Still getting through How to Suppress Women’s Writing by Joanna Russ. I can only read so much every day because some it is really upsetting. The frequent citations make you stop and look up references but do not give up. This book is worth the time.
- Finished up the course Learning HoW to Learn. I definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to re-boot their learning process.
- Picked my next course to work through - Machine Learning by Stanford University. The jury’s still out on this one.
- Making my way through week 2 of Getting Started with Go. I’m planning on spending a significant chunk of my weekend to make more headway with this one.
Worthwhile to read:
- South Sister climb this weekend if the weather cooperates!
- Drupal, oh Drupal. I really should write myself notes how security updates work on various sites. On security Wednesday I had to use four different methods across sites to get them up to date.
- Take notes on all the subjects I have opinions about
- Actually write blog posts - categorize them as todo items in Todoist
Written by Katrin Valdre who has a permanent address in Portland, OR but does not believe in one physical location. You should follow her on Twitter